SALINA, Kan. (AP) – Salina police say a 12-year-old boy has been arrested following an incident with a toy gun on a school bus and an unrelated incident involving a knife on a playground.
Capt. Mike Sweeney said two girls on a school bus Tuesday afternoon reported to the bus monitor that another student was playing with a gun. The bus driver was notified and police responded to the bus, where they confiscated a 4-inch-long toy rifle cap gun. The boy was released to his mother.
Police say that a couple of hours later, officers responded to the Schilling Elementary School playground, where the same boy allegedly displayed a 4-inch blade, and chased and threatened to stab an 8-year-old child and two 9-year-old children.
Sweeney said the boy is in juvenile detention and could face charges, including aggravated assault and making criminal threats.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Principal paddles kindergartner, ignites outrage online
- Suspect in Dover double homicide arrested in KY
- Deputies: Woman strangled to death after her birthday party
- PD: Dog walker arrested for stealing nearly $40K worth of jewelry from client
- Baby mysteriously dies on first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines