WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — An East Hartford woman has been arrested after police say she stole nearly $40,000 worth of jewelry from a customer and pawned it.
West Hartford police say 33-year-old Kristina Cable of East Hartford worked for a dog sitting company out of Windsor and had a number of customers in West Hartford. Police say Cable was hired as a dog walker by a West Hartford family and jewelry went missing from the home. The jewelry was valued at $37,994.
Detectives determined that Cable, who they say has a lengthy pawn transaction record, took the jewelry from the home and pawned it. Police issued a warrant for Cable for first-degree larceny. She turned herself in to police on Thursday where she was released on $25,000 bond. She is due in court on April 28.
Police say they are still investigating other pawn transactions to see if there are additional victims.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Principal paddles kindergartner, ignites outrage online
- Suspect in Dover double homicide arrested in KY
- Deputies: Woman strangled to death after her birthday party
- Baby mysteriously dies on first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines