BOYNTON BEACH, FL (WFLA) – A man died after he was struck by Lightning in Boynton Beach Friday.
WPTV reported that the incident happened on North Palm Drive.
Joseph Bechelet, 23, was working on a motorcycle battery when the storm rolled into the area. He was holding a screwdriver just moments before the lightning strike.
First responders performed CPR on the victim. He was taken to an area hospital where he later was pronounced dead.
Read more about the fatal lightning strike here
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Police: Boy, 12, arrested after knife, toy gun incidents
- Principal paddles kindergartner, ignites outrage online
- Suspect in Dover double homicide arrested in KY
- Deputies: Woman strangled to death after her birthday party
- PD: Dog walker arrested for stealing nearly $40K worth of jewelry from client
- Baby mysteriously dies on first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines