HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, FL (WFLA) – A man suffering from trauma was found in the middle of the road in Hillsborough County Friday evening, deputies said. They are working to identify the victim who later died.
It happened Friday around 9 p.m. on Central Drive just north of Brandon Boulevard. Hillsborough County Sheriff’s deputies responded to the location to a possible hit and run. When they arrived, they found a man in the middle of the roadway suffering from trauma.
Firefighters took the man to a hospital where he later died.
HCSO deputies haven’t identified the victim’s identity. The man was carrying some methamphetamine. Deputies believe he may be a transient.
If you have any information about the victim or the incident please call the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office at (813)247-8200 or Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 1-800-873-8477.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Police: Boy, 12, arrested after knife, toy gun incidents
- Principal paddles kindergartner, ignites outrage online
- Suspect in Dover double homicide arrested in KY
- Deputies: Woman strangled to death after her birthday party
- PD: Dog walker arrested for stealing nearly $40K worth of jewelry from client
- Baby mysteriously dies on first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines