CITRUS COUNTY, FL (WFLA) – A man shot and killed his father after he became violent towards him, Citrus County deputies said.
It happened in Lecanto at a home on Starlight Path. The call about a man shooting at his father came in at about 4 a.m. Saturday. When the deputies arrived, they found Jack May, 89, dead.
His son James Troy May, 52, told CCSO deputies that his father had been complaining all day Friday. The father got angry and violent towards James Troy May, according to CCSO. The fight culminated when the son took a gun, shot his father and soon fell asleep, he told the deputies. It wasn’t until later that he woke up and called the authorities.
May was arrested on the charge of second-degree murder and taken to the Citrus County Detention Center. CCSO detectives are processing the scene. They said this was an isolated domestic-related incident and the public is not in danger.
Stay with WFLA for more on this developing story.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Police: Boy, 12, arrested after knife, toy gun incidents
- Principal paddles kindergartner, ignites outrage online
- Suspect in Dover double homicide arrested in KY
- Deputies: Woman strangled to death after her birthday party
- PD: Dog walker arrested for stealing nearly $40K worth of jewelry from client
- Baby mysteriously dies on first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines