MT. JULIET, Tenn. (WKRN) – Wedding bells were ringing Friday, but it wasn’t at the place you would expect.
Marlon Middlebrook and Venita Aker said “I do” at the White Castle on Pleasant Grove Road in Mt. Juliet.
They were the winners of 101.1 The Beat’s White Castle wedding radio contest.
The station provided the minister, wedding rings and a cake.
“We met at Kroger and had been dating for six months when he proposed,” Venita said. “It’s such an exciting time for us. We wanted to get married at White Castle because we eat there often, and the Mt. Juliet location is our favorite.”
The Middlebrooks, who’ve been together for three years, met for the first time at a grocery store.
Jamie Richardson, the vice president of White Castle, said the company was honored to be apart of the couple’s special day.
“Nothing warms our hearts more than being able to witness two people come together in one of our restaurants. It’s exciting for us to be a part of their lives.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Police: Boy, 12, arrested after knife, toy gun incidents
- Principal paddles kindergartner, ignites outrage online
- Suspect in Dover double homicide arrested in KY
- Deputies: Woman strangled to death after her birthday party
- PD: Dog walker arrested for stealing nearly $40K worth of jewelry from client
- Baby mysteriously dies on first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines