MIAMI, FL (WFLA) – A group of anglers lost their catch but had to enjoy quite a spectacle in Biscayne Bay this week.
NBC Miami reports, that the group spent the entire day on the water looking for a monster catch. They hooked a sailfish about 60 pounds large, but there was a hungry predator in the water that was looking for a meal as well.
“This 500-pound shark was all the way in the air with a 60-pound sailfish in his mouth, like a dog with a bone,” explained Capt. Bouncer Smith of Bouncer’s Dusky 33.
Bouncer is a fishing guide, he takes tourists out fishing. He said he’s never seen anything like this. The huge shark jumped out of the water and took a bite off the fish while it was hooked.
Bouncer’s group members said this was the most exciting trip of their lives.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Two people found murdered at Hillsborough home
- Baby mysteriously dies on the first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines