GONZALES, La. (AP) — A high school band director in Louisiana has been arrested after authorities say he was found hiding in a 16-year-old girl’s closet.
News outlets report officials say 30-year-old Jeremy Conner was charged Wednesday with indecent behavior with a juvenile.
Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Lt. Col. Bobby Webre said in a statement Thursday that detectives began investigating the incident and learned Conner had been communicating with the girl since last year. He says Conner told deputies he sent inappropriate text messages to the teenager.
Conner is listed on Westgate High School’s website as the band instructor. Iberia Parish Schools Superintendent Dale Henderson said in a statement that Conner is currently absent without leave.
Webre says more charges are possible.
It’s unclear whether Conner has an attorney.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Two people found murdered at Hillsborough home
- Baby mysteriously dies on first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines