The 2016 tax filing deadline is fast approaching and Post Offices are ready for last minute tax filers on April 18. Below is a list of Post Offices in the Southwest Florida area that are open later than 5:00 p.m.
The IRS accepts the First-Class postmark as proof of filing by April 18. The Postal Service provides these tips for income tax filers mailing returns:
If filing on April 18, mail early in the day at any Post Office. Be sure to verify Post Office hours of operation.
If depositing returns in a collection box on April 18, double-check the pick-up schedule on the collection box. To ensure getting the April 18 postmark, deposit returns before the last scheduled pick-up time.
Affix the correct postage. Some returns include many forms and require additional postage. IRS does not pay postage due and will return items to sender.
When possible, use the envelope provided by the IRS and be sure to include a return address. If the envelope provided by the IRS is unavailable, be sure to verify the IRS address where returns should be mailed.
The following Post Offices in the Southwest Florida area are open after 5:00 p.m.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Cops: Polk school bus driver lured girls with candy, molested them
- Deputies: Woman strangled after her birthday party
- Two people found murdered at Hillsborough home
- Baby mysteriously dies on the first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines