DANIA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — More than 30 dogs were rescued from a fire at what authorities in South Florida called a hoarder house.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Michael Jachles told The Associated Press the fire was reported just before 10 p.m. Thursday in Dania Beach, north of Miami.
Jachles says firefighters went inside the home but were obstructed by the many items inside. He says they also kept finding dogs, many of whom were unconscious.
In all, 34 dogs were found and all but one survived. Jachles says five of them were listed in critical condition at an animal hospital. He says no people were at home at the time of the fire.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Two people found murdered at Hillsborough home
- Baby mysteriously dies on first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines