PHOENIX, AZ (WCMH) — Stuck in traffic? Away on a business trip? Forgot you were supposed to be there? There are a lot of reasons a dad may miss the birth of their baby, but a cat bite might be one of the most bizarre excuses for an Arizona dad.
According to KPNX, Randy Jeffris missed the birth of his daughter because he was in surgery for an infected cat bite.
“I was hoping that baby would wait, but you know kids, come at their own time,” said Jeffris.
Jeffris said he was trying to put the family cat in a cage when it bit him.
Unfortunately, the couple’s second child was born while he was having the surgery in the same hospital.
The good news is baby Allure was born without complication and dad is just happy to finally get to see her.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Two people found murdered at Hillsborough home
- Baby mysteriously dies on first day of daycare
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines