RIVERVIEW, Fla. (WFLA) — A $3,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of a man who stole up to $25,000 worth of iPhones from a Riverview Radio Shack.
Detectives with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office say a man entered the Radio Shack at 11685 Boyette Road in Riverview at 9:13 p.m. on April 1. He implied that he had a weapon and told the people in the store to drop their phones on the floor.
He then locked two customers and an employee in the bathroom of the business and demanded the sales clerk to show him where the iPhones were located.
The employee showed the suspect where the iPhones were located and detectives say he stole between 30 to 50 phones, valued between $18,000 to $25,000. The suspect then left out the back door of the store.
Investigators say a dark-colored Ford Fusion with tinted windows was seen in front of the business minutes prior to the suspect entering the store.
Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay is offering a reward of up to $3,000 for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the unknown suspect in this case. Anyone with any information on this case and who wants to be eligible for a cash reward is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477), report anonymously online at http://www.crimestopperstb.com or send a mobile tip using the P3 Tips Mobile application, which is a free download for iPhones and Droids. Crime Stoppers must be contacted first in order to be eligible for a cash reward.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines