ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – Danny Salazar gave up three hits in six innings, Marlon Byrd hit one of three Cleveland home runs and the Indians beat the Tampa Bay Rays 6-0 Thursday.
Cleveland took two of three in the series, limiting the Rays to 15 hits. The Indians allowed 13 hits in sweeping a four-game series at Tropicana Field last June 29-July 2.
Salazar (2-0) struck out nine and walked three. Zach McAllister, Bryan Shaw and Trevor Bauer completed a five-hitter.
Chris Archer (0-3) gave up three runs and seven hits in 5 1/3 innings. He is 0-6 with a 5.83 ERA in nine starts since beating Baltimore on Aug. 31.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines