EAGLE MOUNTAIN, UTAH (WFLA) – A local Homeowners Association demanded a resident of a community in Eagle Mountain, UT, to remove a decal from his mailbox, KSL reported. The resident thinks the HOA has gone too far.
The decal on Harriet Vallen’s mailbox is the American flag. She decorated her mailbox with the flag five years ago when her son was a soldier in Afghanistan.
“It was actually after he lost his best friend that I purchased this magnetic flag. I ordered it and stuck it on the mailbox,” she told KSL.
She made sure the wrapped decal didn’t block the number of her house. Her HOA sent her two letters telling her that the appropriate color of the mailbox is brown and that if she doesn’t remove the decal, she will be fined $25.
Vallen said she hasn’t spoken with her HOA about it yet, and the HOA representatives declined to be interviewed on this but said they were willing to meet with Vallen to discuss the issue.
Vallen’s family is moving within the same community soon and she said her decal is coming with her.
Read more here
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines