INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Millennials are job hopping a lot more than their parents ever did.
According to a new study, millennials are changing jobs four times in the first ten years out of college. College graduates are not just changing jobs often, but they are switching industries.
The biggest hoppers are those with gigs in entertainment, government, non-profits and the media.
The study said millennials who stay in their position the longest typically work in industries where they make things, such as manufacturing and oil.
Younger millennials who graduated from 2006 to 2010 are on track to have four job changes by the time they celebrate their 32nd birthday.
The study said the trend doesn’t appear to be stopping anytime soon.
How do you feel about job hopping?
CNN contributed to this report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines