(WSFA) A Montgomery, Alabama woman is recovering after a horrifying ordeal that ended with her crashing on the side of the Interstate with gunshot wounds.
Alicia Martin was shot several times Monday and remains in the hospital as police continue their investigation into the incident.
Her son, Gavin Martin, says his mother makes deliveries to local stores and when she gets done with work, she often drives around different Montgomery neighborhoods to pray.
“My mother is a strong believer in God, and she usually rides around bad neighborhoods to pray just in general,” he said.
On Monday afternoon, she decided to stop in the Ridgecrest neighborhood on the city’s west side, where a stranger walked up to her car and started talking to her.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1qVa8w8
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines