RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — A 7-foot-long bull shark bit a diver in Riviera Beach on Wednesday.
Riviera Beach Fire Rescue crews say they responded to a call about a shark bite at the Sailfish Marina around 4 p.m.
WPBF reported that Kyle Senkowicz, 25, was bitten on the arm and wrist.
The diver suffered multiple bites to his arm, according to Riviera Beach Fire Rescue.
WPTV reported that Senkowicz was about two miles offshore when he was attacked by the shark. A captain at the Sailfish Marina told WPTV that Senkowicz was spear fishing with two other people.
Senkowicz was hospitalized in fair condition, according to WPBF.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Brain disorder keeps Michigan boy stuck in Tampa hospital
- Florida mom charged after police say she punched cheerleading coach
- Four arrested in surprise Pinellas probation checks of registered sex offenders
- Pinellas man falls victim to ransomware computer attack
- Woman indicted, accused of live streaming friend’s rape
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines