UPDATE: Detectives located and arrested the suspect. He’s been identified as James L. Jones, 47, of Crystal River. The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office is trying to determine whether Jones is responsible for a series of burglaries. Read more about those incidents here.
PREVIOUS STORY: LECANTO, Fla. (WFLA) — The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office’s search for an attempted burglary suspect considered armed and dangerous ended Tuesday afternoon with his capture.
Investigators say the man tried to burglarize a home on N. Crooked Branch Drive in Lecanto around 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
According to investigators, a homeowner confronted the man in a shed in his back yard. The suspect took off and authorities thought he could possibly be armed with the homeowner’s shotgun.
Residents were asked to be on the lookout for a white male in his 50 to 60s, dark shirt, very short or buzzed salt and pepper hair.
The suspect was driving an older model green stepside Chevy Truck, possibly single cab. The truck was last seen headed east on W. Live Oak St. in Lecanto. He was considered to be armed and dangerous.
No details have been released about the man’s identity or how he was captured.
Deputies have been on the lookout of r a suspect who has burglarized multiple homes recently in Citrus County.
OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Contract worker allegedly hits family’s dogs with wrench
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Man accused of using home as a torture chamber
- Man dies after taking ‘super pill’ street drug
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines