ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – Logan Forsythe and Evan Longoria both hit two-run home runs in the eighth inning, and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Cleveland Indians 5-1 on Tuesday night.
Forsythe ended Cory Kluber’s night with his shot that made it 3-1 on a full-count, two-out pitch. Longoria added his drive off Cody Allen.
Matt Moore gave up one run, five hits, one walk and had five strikeouts in seven innings for the Rays. Xavier Cedeno (1-0) pitched a perfect eighth.
Kluber (0-2) allowed three runs and four hits over 7 2/3 innings. The 2014 AL Cy Young Award winner struck out six and walked two.
OTHER TOP-CLICKED STORIES:
- VIDEO: Contract worker allegedly hits family’s dogs with wrench
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Man accused of using home as a torture chamber
- Man dies after taking ‘super pill’ street drug
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines