LAS CRUCES, NM (WCMH) — A New Mexico firefighter could be facing discipline after a picture surfaced showing his wife breastfeeding their child wearing his uniform.
A source told KFOX, the firefighter could be facing unpaid leave for the picture.
“The intention has been since the very beginning to show that a mom can be a full-time mom and still work a full-time job and do both equally at the same time,” Tara Ruby the photographer who took the picture explained.
“I was mad for the mom and the husband she has that’s supporting her in this. It was never intended to be anything negative. It’s only you know supposed to be positive.”
A spokesperson with the Las Cruces Fire Department said they were unable to discuss the matter when asked about the investigation.
For Ruby, the picture represents a powerful and emotional story.
“I’ve actually had firefighter women reach out to me and say, ‘I was in that position. I breast-fed while I was a firefighter,” Rub told KFOX.
According to Ruby, she will continue to take pictures of working mothers breastfeeding to normalize the practice.
OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Contract worker allegedly hits family’s dogs with wrench
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Man accused of using home as a torture chamber
- Man dies after taking ‘super pill’ street drug
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines