PLANT CITY, FL (WFLA) – A suspect in the murder of a man killed at a Plant City gas station was arrested Sunday evening, according to the Plant City Police.
Michael Joseph Beson, 67, of Standish, MI, was killed Friday night at a Mobil gas station at 2010 N. Wheeler St. according to Plant City Police. Officials have not released the cause of death but are conducting a homicide investigation. A gas pump nozzle was seen in a car near the victim’s body.
Sunday evening a police officer responding to an unrelated call of gunshots, saw a man who fit the general description of the gas station murder suspect. Xavier Quesean Smith, 19, was arrested.
He had a stolen firearm with him at the time of the arrest. There was an outstanding warrant for violation of probation.
He was taken to the Orient Road jail in Tampa on the murder in the first degree and other charges. The investigation continues.
OTHER STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Polk man dies after fight with colleague over work
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with students says one boy’s grades improved
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines