TAMPA BAY, Fla. (WFLA) — A dramatic, life-threatening situation was caught on camera.
The man’s plan was to commit suicide by cop. For five minutes, one deputy tried to talk him out of it. The deputy then demanded that the man drop his weapon. A second deputy arrived as backup. There was a lot of yelling and a lot of commands were disobeyed.
This is what law enforcement officers encounter everyday. It’s all captured on video.
Then the suspect yells to his girlfriend “are you watching?”
You can watch what happens next, Monday at 6 p.m. on News Channel 8.
OTHER STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- Polk man dies after fight with colleague over work
- Man says too much music, masturbation caused him to vandalize Largo home
- High red tide levels found along Pinellas County beaches
- Is Disney World still affordable for middle-class families?
- Toddler killed in crash in Hillsborough
- Dog gets impaled by stick while playing fetch
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with students says one boy’s grades improved
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- Castaways rescued after spelling “HELP” with palm leaves
- CA woman’s body found stuffed in suitcase, police arrest suspect
- Man wakes up with all his teeth gone after scheduled wisdom teeth removal
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines