(WSPA) – A South Carolina woman will spend years in jail after a jury convicted her of being involved in the beating death of her 3-year-old son.
In 2014, Theia McArdle, 22, took her unresponsive son to a Newberry hospital with bruises consistent with child abuse, according to the Eighth Circuit Solicitor David M. Stumbo.
The coroner ruled the child died from respiratory depression caused by multiple injures to the head and internal organs.
A judge sentenced McArdle to 30 years in prison.
Her boyfriend, Richard Bowman, is also facing a homicide by child abuse charge.
OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Polk man dies after fight with colleague over work
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with students says one boy’s grades improved
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines