TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — The low price of oil has given way to declines in prices at the pump. According to AAA, the average price of gasoline fell for the tenth consecutive day on Sunday, in Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee. State averages are 2-3 cents lower than a week ago.
As of Sunday, the average price for a gallon of gas in the state of Florida is $2.04.
Including the change in gas prices in Florida during the past week, prices yesterday were 42.4 cents per gallon lower than one year ago, but are 16.7 cents per gallon higher than a month ago.
According to GasBuddy historical data, gasoline prices on April 11 in Florida have ranged widely over the last five years: $2.46 per gallon in 2015, $3.68 per gallon in 2014, $3.55 per gallon in 2013, $3.96 per gallon in 2012 and $3.77 per gallon in 2011.
Areas nearby Florida and their current gas price climate:
- Sarasota- $2.00/g, down 2.5 cents per gallon from last week’s $2.03 per gallon
- Tampa- $1.97/g, down 2.3 cents per gallon from last week’s $1.99 per gallon
- Cape Coral- $2.01/g, down 1.5 cents per gallon from last week’s $2.02 per gallon
OTHER STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- High red tide levels found along Pinellas County beaches
- Is Disney World still affordable for middle-class families?
- Toddler killed in crash in Hillsborough
- Dog gets impaled by stick while playing fetch
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with students says one boy’s grades improved
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- Castaways rescued after spelling “HELP” with palm leaves
- CA woman’s body found stuffed in suitcase, police arrest suspect
- Man wakes up with all his teeth gone after scheduled wisdom teeth removal
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines