ZHAOTONG, CHINA (NBC) – A child fell out of a moving minivan on a city street in China and survived after being run over.
Surveillance cameras captured the frightening scene from different angles at an intersection in southwest China.
The video shows a minivan pulling into the intersection. As it does, the rear door slowly opened and a child fell out into traffic.
Before the child could stand up, the car behind the minivan drove over the child and then stopped.
After realizing what had happened, the family stopped the minivan and got out to rescue the child, who was taken a hospital for treatment.
According to officials, the child sustained only minor injuries.
It’s not the first time we’ve seen this happen in China. Back in February, a toddler fell out of a moving truck in China. In this case the child was quickly rescued by the driver in the car behind.
The 2-year-old boy apparently crawled from the passenger seat into the back cargo area of the van. He then climbed out of the back lift gate, which flew up when the driver, the boy’s grandfather, pulled away at a green light.
The video shows the toddler climbing up on his feet and running after the van.
The grandfather noticed nothing and drove away.
OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Contract worker allegedly hits family’s dogs with wrench
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Man accused of using home as a torture chamber
- Man dies after taking ‘super pill’ street drug
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines