(WATE) – The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a recall on Ivanka Trump-brand scarves because of a “burn risk.”
The agency stated,”The scarves do not meet the federal flammability standards for clothing textiles, posing a burn risk.”
The recall involves two styles of scarves from the brand: Beach Wave and Brushstroke Oblong. That is about 20,000 rayon scarves, sold from October 2014 through January 2016 in department stores and online. They cost from $12 to $68. Beach Wave scarves are blue, coral and yellow. Brushstroke Oblong scarves are blue, red, neutral and green.
Around 20,000 scarves were sold from October 2014 through January 2016.
The agency is urging customers to stop using the 100-percent rayon products and immediately return them to the store. Customers who bought the scarves online will be contacted directly from retailers.
The scarves are sold at Century 21, Lord & Taylor, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Steinmart. They can also be found online on Amazon and Loehemanns.
The product is manufactured in China. According to the Associated Press, Donald Trump, Ivanka’s father has criticized U.S. companies for manufacturing outside of the country.
MORE TOP-CLICKED STORIES:
- Driver says Florida trooper was watching YouTube while driving
- Florida man with Florida tattoo on face charged with burglary
- MUST SEE: 15-foot gator killed in hunt at Florida farm
- 3 injured in crash involving Hillsborough school bus
- Polk Sheriff: Men brought candy, condoms, narcotics, to have sex with kids
- Police: Aunt kept toddler in closet before killing her
- Mother-daughter duo charged with drug crimes in Pasco County
- Cops: 4 men raped girl while her mother smoked meth in garage
- Children attacked by knife-wielding man during P.E. class
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines