ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A woman’s body was found mutilated in a wooded area in Orange County this week, WFTV reported.
John Franklin lives in the area. On Wednesday, he said buzzards drew him to the grisly discovery of 42-year-old Ethel Shannon McCarson’s body.
“I seen a bird just feasting on something down there, so I went down there and seen it was a body cut up in pieces, and it was a lot of pieces,” Franklin recounted.
Her body was found just yards from his kids’ bus stop.
Investigators haven’t said much about McCarson, except they believe she’s from out of state. It’s also not clear how she ended up in Central Florida and mutilated in the woods.
“Just by the fact of me saying it’s not intact is gruesome enough to make that statement without giving further details on it,” said Sheriff’s office spokesperson Lourdes Clayton.
“I’m shaking right now,” he said. “I mean, if this happened in your neighborhood, you’d be nervous too,” said the convenience store owner Sam Sarran.
Since the horrific scene was discovered Wednesday afternoon, deputies have been swarming the vacant area owned by an organization that aims to help the homeless.
“I don’t care what this woman did; I don’t care if she stole something, if she hurt something, if she broke somebody heart, she didn’t deserve this, no human deserve this,” said Franklin.
So far, no arrests have been made. The investigation is ongoing.
MORE TOP-CLICKED STORIES:
- 12-year-old body-slammed by police officer, video goes viral
- Hackers targeting Netflix accounts in Tampa Bay
- Firefighters work tirelessly through the night to put out Ybor nightclub fire
- CENTCOM employee charged with trying to entice child for sexual activity
- Driver says Florida trooper was watching YouTube while driving
- Florida man with Florida tattoo on face charged with burglary
- MUST SEE: 15-foot gator killed in hunt at Florida farm
- 3 injured in crash involving Hillsborough school bus
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines