HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, FL (WFLA) – A Hillsborough deputy shot a man while responding to a call in greater Carrollwood Thursday, according to the sheriff’s office.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that a deputy responding to a domestic argument call in the Plantation area had to use his gun. The incident happened near 11010 Streamside Drive.
When the deputies arrived, the suspect was already out of the house and down the street, near the entrance of the subdivision. The suspect was warmed with a gun. HCSO deputies fired multiple shots, hitting the suspect in the leg.
The deputy was not hurt.
Stay with WFLA for more on this developing story.
MORE TOP-CLICKED STORIES:
- Witness: Woman’s body discovered ‘cut up in pieces’ in Central Florida
- VIDEO: Deputies nab motorcyclist accused of driving recklessly every morning
- Toddler hospitalized after octopus found lodged in throat
- 12-year-old body-slammed by police officer, video goes viral
- Hackers targeting Netflix accounts in Tampa Bay
- Firefighters work tirelessly through the night to put out Ybor nightclub fire
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines