LAKE COUNTY, Fla. — Smokey Jr. the bear was saved from a brush fire in Lake County, according to fire officials.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officials are evaluating the cub.
A 220-acre brush fire endangered homes in the area of Apricot Way near Royal Trails. Lake County Fire Rescue said two homes were evacuated.
No injuries have been reported.
MORE TOP-CLICKED STORIES:
- 12-year-old body-slammed by police officer, video goes viral
- Hackers targeting Netflix accounts in Tampa Bay
- Firefighters work tirelessly through the night to put out Ybor nightclub fire
- CENTCOM employee charged with trying to entice child for sexual activity
- Driver says Florida trooper was watching YouTube while driving
- Florida man with Florida tattoo on face charged with burglary
- MUST SEE: 15-foot gator killed in hunt at Florida farm
- 3 injured in crash involving Hillsborough school bus
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines