BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) – A 32-year-old woman suspected of stealing from a Brooksville Walmart allegedly used force when confronted by employees. The incident, which was caught on camera, occurred at 7305 Broad St. around 8:36 p.m. Sunday.
Walmart employees called the Brooksville Police Department to report the suspect, Ashley Clayton, of Spring Hill, had pushed her cart into employees, in addition to head-butting one and pushing a second into a wall, which caused that woman to injure her hand.
Police said Clayton tried to leave the store with $294 in items she didn’t pay for.
Clayton was taken to the Hernando County Jail and given a $5,000 bond. She’s charged with a third or subsequent offense of petit theft, resisting a merchant in recovery of stolen property and battery. Clayton has four prior theft convictions in Hernando County, police said.
OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Contract worker allegedly hits family’s dogs with wrench
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Man accused of using home as a torture chamber
- Man dies after taking ‘super pill’ street drug
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines