LONDON (AP) — Prince Harry has unveiled Britain’s team of Invictus Games athletes ahead of the 2016 Paralympics-style event, which will be held in Orlando.
Harry posed with most of the 110 athletes Wednesday at Buckingham Palace.
The games for veterans and serving men and women will be held in Florida next month. Harry has been a driving force behind the competition for wounded, sick or injured service personnel and veterans. The first games were held two years ago.
Harry, 31, is a military veteran who served in Afghanistan. He is fifth in line to British throne.
The 2016 Invictus Games will be held May 8 through 12 at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando.
MORE TOP-CLICKED STORIES:
- MUST SEE: 15-foot gator killed in hunt at Florida farm
- 3 injured in crash involving Hillsborough school bus
- Polk Sheriff: Men brought candy, condoms, narcotics, to have sex with kids
- Mother-daughter duo charged with drug crimes in Pasco County
- Cops: 4 men raped girl while her mother smoked meth in garage
- Children attacked by knife-wielding man during P.E. class
- Dog found with head duct-taped in SC
- Brewpub’s founder writes about banning sexist customer
- Homeowners raking in extra cash renting houses out for Sun -N- Fun
- Only on 8: Police admit officer made a mistake but said protocol was followed
- Court docs: Disguised camera recorded nude woman in tanning room
- Veteran claims she was kicked off airplane because of support dog
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines