GRANDVIEW, Mo. (KSHB)- According to Grandview police, Officer Chris Golubski attempted to pull over a driver on a suspected traffic violation.
The suspect fled at a high rate of speed, eventually losing control of his vehicle and crashing.
The video shows Golubski searching for the driver, who was thrown from his vehicle into a ditch.
When Golubski found the driver, the man had no pulse.
A nurse, Kristine Killiam, and her husband saw the crash and pulled over to help.
“He was in a law enforcement role trying to do that job and obviously things changed drastically into a lifesaving role, we feel like he did an outstanding job,” a police department spokesperson told KSHB.
MORE TOP CLICKED STORIES TODAY:
- MUST SEE: 15-foot gator killed in hunt at Florida farm
- Historic Colonnade Restaurant closes its doors, opens site for new development
- Heart-pounding body cam video captures suspect’s shooting
- Patient: I’d fail drug test unless sex with counselor
- Florida man with Florida tattoo on face charged with burglary
- Police: Aunt kept toddler in closet before killing her
- Cops: Local preschool owner had spoon with meth residue
- 2-thousand pound bull takes swim in family’s pool
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines