WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man with a tattoo of Florida on his face is facing burglary charges.
The Palm Beach Post reported Wednesday that 25-year-old Johnathan Hewett is jailed without bond. He has a map of Florida tattooed on his left forehead and temple.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said Hewett is seen on surveillance video prying open the door of a home last month. Officials say he took a gun and two watches.
The homeowner identified him as the friend of a former roommate. Detectives say the video clearly shows Hewett’s tattoo spelling “red rum” on his neck. That’s “murder” spelled backward.
He was released from prison last August after serving eight months for being a felon in possession of a gun.
MORE TOP-CLICKED STORIES:
- MUST SEE: 15-foot gator killed in hunt at Florida farm
- 3 injured in crash involving Hillsborough school bus
- Polk Sheriff: Men brought candy, condoms, narcotics, to have sex with kids
- Mother-daughter duo charged with drug crimes in Pasco County
- Cops: 4 men raped girl while her mother smoked meth in garage
- Children attacked by knife-wielding man during P.E. class
- Dog found with head duct-taped in SC
- Brewpub’s founder writes about banning sexist customer
- Homeowners raking in extra cash renting houses out for Sun -N- Fun
- Only on 8: Police admit officer made a mistake but said protocol was followed
- Court docs: Disguised camera recorded nude woman in tanning room
- Veteran claims she was kicked off airplane because of support dog
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines