DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – The Darlington County Sheriff’s Office is asking the community for help after a dog was found with its head and mouth duct taped.
Sheriff Wayne Byrd says deputies received an anonymous call about a dog walking around the 900 block of Rogers Road in Darlington on Monday. Deputies were able to catch the dog to remove the tape and took him to the Darlington County Animal Shelter for care and treatment.
Workers at the shelter say they have named the dog Aurora. She is currently being treated for heartworms and an infection in her foot, but employees believe she will make a full recovery and will eventually find a forever home.
Aurora will be at the shelter for an extended period of time to make sure she recovers fully, but workers say she has made a vast improvement within the 24 hours of being found with duct tape around her head and mouth.
If you have any information about this case please contact the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office at 843-398-4501 or 843-398-4920.
Last year, a photo of a dog’s snout duct-taped ended up going viral. The innocent pup is seen sitting quietly, staring off into the distance. The owner claimed the dog was barking too much.
MORE TOP CLICKED STORIES TODAY:
- MUST SEE: 15-foot gator killed in hunt at Florida farm
- Polk Sheriff: Men brought candy, condoms, narcotics, to have sex with kids
- Patient: I’d fail drug test unless sex with counselor
- US Marine Corps dog named Lucca who saved lives wins prize
- Police: Aunt kept toddler in closet before killing her
- Wildlife officials investigate boat crash that killed Florida deputy
- 2-thousand pound bull takes swim in family’s pool
- Veteran claims she was kicked off airplane because of support dog
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines