UPDATE: A CENTCOM spokesman said Philip Carl Olsen is a contract computer network specialist who worked at U.S. Central Command. His access to CENTCOM has been suspended pending the legal case.
PREVIOUS STORY: TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A CENTCOM employee has been charged with trying to entice a child for illegal sexual activity.
Philip Carl Olsen, 55, of Lithia, was arrested Tuesday. Court documents show that between April 1 and April 5 Olsen used a phone and computer in an effort to get a person he thought was a 14-year-old child to participate in sexual acts, according to the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida.
The supposed child was an undercover agent.
“During the chats, Olsen graphically discussed the sexual acts that he wanted to engage in with the ‘child’ and sent the ‘child’ a picture of his genitals,” the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in a press release.
In addition, the suspect asked the child to send a photo of his genitals, officials said.
On April 5 Olsen allegedly drove to what he thought was the child’s home, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. He was then arrested.
MORE TOP-CLICKED STORIES:
- Driver says Florida trooper was watching YouTube while driving
- Florida man with Florida tattoo on face charged with burglary
- MUST SEE: 15-foot gator killed in hunt at Florida farm
- 3 injured in crash involving Hillsborough school bus
- Polk Sheriff: Men brought candy, condoms, narcotics, to have sex with kids
- Police: Aunt kept toddler in closet before killing her
- Mother-daughter duo charged with drug crimes in Pasco County
- Cops: 4 men raped girl while her mother smoked meth in garage
- Children attacked by knife-wielding man during P.E. class
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines