OCEASIDE, N.Y. (AP) — A Long Island man is accused of pushing his wife’s hands into a boiling deep fat fryer during an argument at their Chinese restaurant.
Nassau County police say the couple’s two children, ages 12 and 14, were present during the incident Sunday night in Oceanside.
They say the couple was arguing when the defendant grabbed his wife by the hair and pushed her toward the deep fat fryer.
Authorities say the 39-year-old victim suffered second-degree burns to her hands.
Police arrested the 39-year-old defendant on charges of assault and endangering the welfare of a child. He’s scheduled to be arraigned on Monday.
It wasn’t immediately clear if he had a lawyer who could comment on the charges.
Police didn’t release the name of the restaurant.
MORE TOP CLICKED STORIES TODAY:
- 2 bodies found in truck pulled from water at Florida boat ramp
- News Channel 8 there as man attempts to break into Tampa church
- Children attacked by knife-wielding man during P.E. class
- Cops: 4 men raped girl while her mother smoked meth in garage
- New stores open at Tampa Premium Outlets
- Blimpie stores offering subs for 52 cents
- Night nurse gets rude note on pizza box
- Teacher arrested for sex with student days after wife booked on similar charge
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines