COLUMBUS, SC (WCMH) — Three women are facing battery by a mob charges for their alleged role in a beating along a South Carolina riverbank.
Video obtained by WIS-TV shows the victim lounging along the river with a co-worker when the women attacked. The victim says one woman pulled her by her hair and threw her to the ground. The other women then jumped on top of her and began to beat her.
“The other one was just whaling on her face, whaling on her head, you know, on the back of her head. It definitely could have killed her,” the victim’s friend, Ramy Williams, told WIS-TV. “Seeing the aftermath was just insane: the way that she had blood all over her face, two black eyes, you can tell that she’s completely messed up in the face.”
Police used the video to help identify all three girls. Arlinda Craft, 18, Anns Leigh Hill, 19, and Megan Williams, 20, all face second-degree assault and battery by a mob charges.
Police say the victim and the suspects all knew each other from high school, but they are not sure what led to the attack.
The victim ended up with a concussion and a broken nose. Now, her friends are calling for justice.
“Justice needs to be served. I think they all need to be locked up, and I think they need to get what’s coming to them,” Williams told WIS-TV.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Oklahoma family finds dead mouse in can of green beans
- Boy 16, charged with leaving scene of fiery I-75 crash
- Nurse surrenders license over photo of patient’s genitals
- Polk woman arrested on meth charge after toddler wearing dirty diaper found in road
- Girl, 12, pregnant after man sexually assaults her
- 2 dead, venomous snakes found in package at post office
- Kitten Cuddlers needed in Miami
- Alligator kills 85lb. family dog on Hilton Head Island
- CA substitute teacher meltdown caught on video
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines