MIDWEST CITY, Okla. (WFLA) – An Oklahoma family wants to know how the head of dead mouse got in a can of green beans they had purchased at one of their local grocery stores.
Andrew and Chelsea Belflower made the shocking discovery while preparing for an Easter potluck dinner at their church, where they’re youth pastors. They had picked up 8 cans of Best Choice fancy green beans, according to KFOR.com.
“We started opening them and putting them in the crock pot and by about the fourth can, something dumped out into the crock pot, and my husband noticed it and said, ‘what is that?’” Chelsea Belflower said.
Chelsea noticed something black in the green beans. It was the head and leg of a small mouse, KFOR.com reported.
She contacted the store where she bought the green beans, who told her she needed to call Best Choice. The store manager did, however, tell the couple they’d pull the rest of the cans off the shelf.
Since they discovered it over the holiday, they were unable to immediately reach the company. KFOR contacted Best Choice and officials told them they are investigating the matter. The couple actually kept the mouse in case Best Choice wants to see it first-hand.
“I’m afraid there could be some bacteria or something in it, and if this has been in a batch, maybe the distribution center will want to test it,” Chelsea said.
Best Choice said they pulled all cans of green beans from the entire state of Oklahoma.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Mother’s final moments with daughter stolen
- Nurse surrenders license over photo of patient’s genitals
- Passenger fears for life during Allegiant emergency landing
- Girl, 12, pregnant after man sexually assaults her
- 2 dead, venomous snakes found in package at post office
- Kitten Cuddlers needed in Miami
- Alligator kills 85lb. family dog on Hilton Head Island
- CA substitute teacher meltdown caught on video
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines