LOS ANGELES (AP) – A Los Angeles police captain has sued Elton John, claiming he was repeatedly groped by the singer while he was working off-duty on the Grammy winner’s security detail.
The lawsuit by Capt. Jeffrey Wenninger alleges the groping and sexually suggestive comments by John occurred in early 2014. Orin Snyder, an attorney for John’s Rocket Entertainment Group, calls the lawsuit baseless and accuses the officer of trying to “extract an undeserved payment.”
Wenninger was working off-duty through a private company that he also is suing, alleging he was improperly removed from working with John in September 2014.
Wenninger’s attorney Marla A. Brown refused to address why her client would be seeking work after the alleged incidents occurred.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Oklahoma family finds dead mouse in can of green beans
- Boy 16, charged with leaving scene of fiery I-75 crash
- Nurse surrenders license over photo of patient’s genitals
- Polk woman arrested on meth charge after toddler wearing dirty diaper found in road
- Girl, 12, pregnant after man sexually assaults her
- 2 dead, venomous snakes found in package at post office
- Kitten Cuddlers needed in Miami
- Alligator kills 85lb. family dog on Hilton Head Island
- CA substitute teacher meltdown caught on video
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines