MEDIA, Pa. (AP) – Wawa is looking to hire over 5,000 workers during the next three months as the convenience store chain expands its reach across six states.
The company says in a release it is hiring customer-service level positions in its more than 700 stores in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
As part of the hiring campaign, every location will have openings and more than 100 locations will host open houses where applicants can have a brief interview and learn more about the company.
Wawa announced in January it was raising its starting pay to $10 an hour.
The company has said its shift supervisors start at $13 an hour and its assistant general managers start at $17.
To apply for an open position, visit http://www.wawa.com.
(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Passenger feared for life during Allegiant emergency landing
- Suspects killed in shooting with TPD officer identified
- 2 dead, venomous snakes found in package at post office
- Cops: Teen dies after shooting Lakeland security guard in face with pellet gun
- Alligator kills 85lb. family dog on Hilton Head Island
- Roaches close 2 Tampa Bay area restaurants
- CA substitute teacher meltdown caught on video
- Woman accused of having sex with a Dachshund
- Police: Upon finding Taco Bell closed, angry man smashes car
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines