BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — If you’ve ever doubted the power of social media, this might change your mind.
Two, 6-week-old boxer puppies are back with their mother after they were stolen from the Humane Society of the Nature Coast. The puppies were returned after more than 1,500 people shared surveillance video of theft on social media.
Humane Society of the Nature Coast asked its followers to share the video of a man stealing the two female puppies from the shelter. Surveillance cameras recorded the man inside the Brooksville animal shelter early Thursday morning.
The video showed the man ruffling through items at the shelter. He stole the puppies and what appeared to be supplies to care for the stolen puppies.
On Friday morning, the HSNC said that the puppies had been returned by a Good Samaritan around 8:30 a.m.
The Hernando County Sheriffs Office is investigating the case. If you have information that can help investigators, call the sheriff’s office.
The Humane Society of the Nature Coast is located at 7224 Mobley Rd. in Brooksville.
THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Florida deputies: Woman recorded herself having sex with dogs
- Former drug addict worries about deadly, cheap new super pill
- Deputies: Couple arrested in burrito assault, fork stabbing
- Man throws 13-foot pet python into sushi restaurant
- Florida State Fair Director suddenly resigns after corruption investigation
- Drunk man falls through roof of Pinellas County restaurant, police say
- Sheriff: ‘Super pill’ is deadly and cheap, becoming big problem
- Mom offers tough love when daughter doesn’t clean room
- Police: Toddler burned after mother put her in an oven
- Deputies: Girl, 13, drives car into power pole
- WATCH: Police detonate 10 tons of fireworks
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking news and top headlines