TIFTON, Ga. (AP) — A south Georgia teacher has resigned after surveillance video appears to show her knocking a special needs student to the ground in a school hallway.
WALB-TV (bit.ly/1pBlbJw) reports that the incident happened at the Tift County Pre-K Center in Tifton on March 17.
The child’s mother, Sarah Patterson, tells the station that the teacher thrust her knee into the little boy’s back, causing him to fall forward near a classroom door.
Tift County School officials tell WALB that the young boy was not hurt and that the incident has been reported to the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.
A spokeswoman for the school system did not immediately return a phone call from The Associated Press on Friday.
Tifton is about 200 miles south of Atlanta.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- PHOTOS: Storms, shelf clouds in Tampa Bay
- Siblings from NY confirmed dead in Brussels bombings
- Florida deputies: Woman recorded herself having sex with dogs
- Woman accuses hospital of removing wrong body part during surgery
- Strong winds damage 18 homes overnight in Dade City
- Royal Caribbean cancels 6 Miami cruises
- Verizon says big business customers had data stolen
- Microsoft pulls AI robot after it goes on racist rant
- Deputies: Man arrested with 3 trash bags of Spice, baby in car
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines