MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA)– A Manatee County man is charged with the sexual battery of a child. Gary Adam Meeks, 34, is being held without bond at the Manatee County Jail.
Detectives say they were at a residence conducting an unrelated investigation when a 5-year-old girl told them that Meeks touches her private parts whenever he wants. The girl then described to detectives what Meeks did to her. He allegedly told her not to tell anyone about it, or he would spank her.
Meeks was arrested on a charge of sexual battery.
A spokesperson for the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office said there is the possibility that there may be more victims. Meeks did not work with children for part of his job.
If anyone has information that can help detectives call the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office at (941) 747-3011 ext. 1970.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Scandalous details revealed about radio personality’s sex life during Hogan trial
- Frank Sinatra Jr., 72, dies in Daytona Beach
- Lakeland gator wears clothes and rides on back of motorcycle
- Report: Ex-Subway spokesman Fogle attacked in prison
- Sheriff: Girl, 14, in danger after father found slain, burned
- Man gets traffic ticket based on Facebook video
- 565 rodent droppings found at Tampa Bay area restaurant
- Secret pedophile symbols end up on children’s toys
- >>Back to homepage for the latest breaking news and headlines