BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) — A Bradenton couple faces child abuse charges after police say they “whooped” their young daughter with a belt at least 20 times.
Bradenton Police Department officers responded to Rogers Garden Elementary School on Wednesday after receiving a report from Child Protective Services that a child had several bruises.
The girl was examined and investigators say she had extensive bruising on her legs. The bruises varied in size.
The girl told investigators that her father and mother had “whooped” her at their home. Police officers say they found the belt that was used to spank the girl and the belt matched some of the bruises on her body.
After the girl’s medical examination it was estimated that she had been struck with the belt no less than twenty times.
Detectives interviewed the girl’s mother, Pauline M. Lee, 26, of Bradenton and her fiancee, Jeremy R. Perry, 38, of Bradenton and said both admitted to spanking the girl with the belt. The couple was arrested. Lee and Perry were charged with one count of felony child abuse. Both were booked into the Manatee County Jail.
The girl was taken into protective custody by CPS. Investigators say the girl’s mother had just received custody of her one month ago by Michigan Family Court.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Scandalous details revealed about radio personality’s sex life during Hogan trial
- Frank Sinatra Jr., 72, dies in Daytona Beach
- Lakeland gator wears clothes and rides on back of motorcycle
- Report: Ex-Subway spokesman Fogle attacked in prison
- Sheriff: Girl, 14, in danger after father found slain, burned
- Man gets traffic ticket based on Facebook video
- 565 rodent droppings found at Tampa Bay area restaurant
- Secret pedophile symbols end up on children’s toys
- >>Back to homepage for the latest breaking news and headlines