POLK COUTY, FL (WFLA) – A deputy sheriff in Polk County wanted to thank the man who had paid for his order in a drive-through in Mulberry last week. The Polk County Sheriff’s Office put up a thank you post on their Facebook page.
This random act of kindness took place at Zaxby’s Thursday. Deputy Sheirff Brent Bigford was picking up his family dinner when he realized somebody in the drive-through line had already paid for his food. The deputy didn’t know the name of the person but he wanted to make sure he’d thank him.
That’s why Polk Sheriff’s Office posted the thank-you note on their Facebook page. Deputy Brent said:
“To the generous citizen in the blue F-150 at the Mulberry Zaxby’s last night (Thurs, 3/10) you didn’t just ‘pay for that cop’s order’ – you covered my family’s dinner. I thank you and I hope this reaches you. I’m confident that I speak for us all when I say that the support from our citizens is what really keeps us motivated to do this job. It’s nice to get those random thank-yous from our citizens we serve. May God bless you and yours.”
The note was shared more than 1200 times.
TODAY’S TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- Names of HCSO deputy and wrong-way driver killed in crash released
- Chicago chaos tests Trump promises of unity
- Grady Judd: Not good idea ‘to taunt the Sheriff’s Office on Facebook’
- Joe’s Crab Shack in MN apologized for offensive table decor
- Tampa church volunteers complete renovations after missing money, pastor suicide
- Wounded Warrior fires execs over spending accusations
- Tow companies target cars with expired tag stickers
- Police: Dad leaves baby in car, goes into strip club
- VIDEO: Brawl breaks out over boom box on LAX-bound flight
- >>Back to WFLA.com homepage for the latest stories making headlines