TAMPA, FL (WFLA) – Tampa Police are searching for a driver who struck a bicyclist near the intersection of East 30th Avenue and North 50th Street in Tampa early Saturday morning.
The bicyclist, 22, was riding his bicycle on 50th Street when he was struck around 3:30 a.m. He was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.
A witness at the scene described the vehicle as a blue or black small pickup truck with a full-size truck bed topper. The truck sustained damage to the windshield and roof. The witness also identified the driver as a white male with medium length blond hair with light facial hair.
Anyone with information regarding the vehicle or driver is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS.
TODAY’S TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- Names of HCSO deputy and wrong-way driver killed in crash released
- Chicago chaos tests Trump promises of unity
- Grady Judd: Not good idea ‘to taunt the Sheriff’s Office on Facebook’
- Joe’s Crab Shack in MN apologized for offensive table decor
- Tampa church volunteers complete renovations after missing money, pastor suicide
- Wounded Warrior fires execs over spending accusations
- Tow companies target cars with expired tag stickers
- Police: Dad leaves baby in car, goes into strip club
- VIDEO: Brawl breaks out over boom box on LAX-bound flight
- >>Back to WFLA.com homepage for the latest stories making headlines