OCALA, FL (WFLA) – A total of six people, including four children and two men, were injured at a shooting range in Ocala on Saturday, according to Marion County Sheriff’s Office.
A woman, 21, was loading an antique double-barreled shotgun at the Forest Road 88 gun range when it fired while she was closing it. The pellets ricocheted off the concrete, and struck six people, including four children ages of 8, 10, 14 and 15, as well as the children’s father and grandfather.
All members of the family were taken to Ocala Regional Medical Center and have been treated for superficial injuries.
The woman was not with the injured family and was not struck by the pellets.
Authorities are still investigating. They believe the shooting was accidental with no charges currently filed.
TODAY’S TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- Names of HCSO deputy and wrong-way driver killed in crash released
- Chicago chaos tests Trump promises of unity
- Grady Judd: Not good idea ‘to taunt the Sheriff’s Office on Facebook’
- Joe’s Crab Shack in MN apologized for offensive table decor
- Tampa church volunteers complete renovations after missing money, pastor suicide
- Wounded Warrior fires execs over spending accusations
- Tow companies target cars with expired tag stickers
- Police: Dad leaves baby in car, goes into strip club
- VIDEO: Brawl breaks out over boom box on LAX-bound flight
- >>Back to WFLA.com homepage for the latest stories making headlines