LAKELAND, FL (WFLA) – A man went into a public restroom in the lobby of the Lakeland Police Department building to inject heroin, according to LPD.
It happened Friday a little before 8 a.m. Samuel Alicea, 35, went in to use the public restroom at the LPD building’s front lobby. A little while later one of the officers heard a loud thump sound coming from the bathroom.
The officer went to check on the man, knocked on the door, yelled out several times. Nobody responded. LPD officers got the key to open the door. They found Alicea on the floor unconscious and unresponsive, bleeding from the arm.
Next to him officers found measuring spoons, small plastic baggies and a syringe with some liquid in it. Alicea was taken to a hospital. The liquid in the syringe tested positive for heroin.
After being released from the hospital, Alicea was arrested for Possession of Heroin and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and taken to the Polk County Jail.
TODAY’S TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- Grady Judd: Not good idea ‘to taunt the Sheriff’s Office on Facebook’
- Joe’s Crab Shack in MN apologized for offensive table decor
- Tampa church volunteers complete renovations after missing money, pastor suicide
- Wounded Warrior fires execs over spending accusations
- Tow companies target cars with expired tag stickers
- Police: Dad leaves baby in car, goes into strip club
- VIDEO: Brawl breaks out over boom box on LAX-bound flight
- Drug-laced gummy candies prompt Pittsburgh-area school investigation
- Mom bills son $1,000 for being an unappreciative jerk
- >>Back to WFLA.com homepage for the latest stories making headlines