ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – St. Petersburg police have recovered the car they believe to have been used in a drive-by shooting that injured a 3-year-old girl and a 23-year-old man.
Police said in a news release that both of the victims, 3-year-old Jayla Mack and 23-year-old Terrell Holliman, are expected to survive the Thursday afternoon shooting.
Authorities say they found the car abandoned late Thursday in Dell Holmes Park, about two miles away from the site of the shooting.
The car has been towed and will be processed by forensic investigators. Police say it had been reported stolen on March 7.
Police have not announced any suspects in connection with the crime.
TODAY’S TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- Tampa church volunteers complete renovations after missing money, pastor suicide
- Wounded Warrior fires execs over spending accusations
- Tow companies target cars with expired tag stickers
- Police: Dad leaves baby in car, goes into strip club
- VIDEO: Brawl breaks out over boom box on LAX-bound flight
- Drug-laced gummy candies prompt Pittsburgh-area school investigation
- Mom bills son $1,000 for being an unappreciative jerk
- >>Back to WFLA.com homepage for the latest stories making headlines