TAMPA, FL (WFLA) — An adorable litter of puppies found abandoned in a box on the side of a Tampa road left to die are now ready to begin their new lives. The 2-month-old pups are up for adoption beginning Thursday at the Humane Society of Tampa Bay.
The puppies, Rhodesian Ridgeback mixes, were found about six weeks ago, neglected with no hair from severe case of mange. A Good Samaritan found the box and brought them to the shelter.
Thanks to the Humane Society, the puppies have all received excellent care through nutrition, socialization, medication and rehab.
They are now ready to find their forever homes. Five puppies — Nathan, Nora, Nadiya, Nancy, and Nattie — will be available Thursday. A sixth, Hope, will be available Friday.
Adoptions are on a first-come, first-serve basis. The shelter opens at noon.
Adoption fees are $195 for each puppy which includes their spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, microchips and 30 days of free pet health insurance.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Code for pedophiles ends up on children’s toys sold at Monster Jam
- Robbers point gun at toddler, enraged Florida grandmother goes on attack
- Polk deputies charge five men in gruesome murder case
- Only on 8: Dozens overdose, several die after using ‘super spice’
- Imposter scam spreading on phones and computers around Tampa Bay area
- Police: 5 dead, 3 injured after Pa. backyard party ambushed
- Padi sparks more controversy after biting service dog